Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion VS. L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer

About my skin type:
I all over have really oily skin,with of course some dry patches. But, with my oily skin, my eyelids are even oilier! So,it really matters what eye primer I use and I had the hardest time finding one that suited  my skin type.

Review on the L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer:
Overall , I didn't like this product. I was in search for a decent primer while I was saving up for the Urban Decay Primer and I was introduced to the L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer from a LOT of Youtubers. I assumed it was going to be this amazing product I would keep repurchasing but,that wasn't the case. This product,I don't know if mine was formulated wrong or something but,mine was a little too liquidy for me personally. On top of that,my eyes are extremely oily so,that made it even more difficult to deal with. Within an hour or so,my eyeshadow would crease and as the day went on,it gradually became worse. I'm not saying "OH! THIS IS THE MOST TERRIBLE"- no. I'm just saying that I had a bigger expectation of the product than it turned out to be and that people with really oily eyelids should probably stay away from this product. Now,the pigmentation of eyeshadows it gave off was decent,not the most spectacular but,enough for a simple eye look. The packaging is really pretty though! (: Also, for the cost it is what expected. $9.99 with additional tax.

Review on the Urban Decay Primer Potion: 
I was planing on saving up for this product but,I will have to say that my mom did in fact buy this for me though. Again,like many other products,I heard overwhelmingly fantastic reviews on this product. I knew it wasn't going to fail me because,Urban Decay is a really great high-end  makeup brand. I love this product not only because the consistency is amazing but,the pigmentation it gives eyeshadows is also amazing! This does not crease on me,and the packaging is adorable! It comes in a squeeze tube and I like that because extra bacteria cannot makes it's way into it. YAY FOR HEALTHY EYES! The price is a little expensive,but if you are looking for a great primer I recommend this product,the money spent on it will be worth it! $20.00  with additional tax.

Comparison of the two primers side-by-side:
The eyeshadow used was HotTopic's WARPAINT BEAUTY in 'Blue Crush' . $4.00 with addition tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment